If you are a faithful, caring, compassionate and empathetic listener who desires to volunteer and learn more about he Pastoral Care ministry of Knox, this may be the team for you!
If you are interested, please leave your name and phone number with the church office 604 261 3747 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The following are the major (shared) tasks of Pastoral Care volunteers:
- Supporting the minister by visiting and phoning congregants who are unable to attend church of who have special concerns.
- Visiting those in hospital or care facilities as needed.
- Delivering Knox flowers and Sunday bulletins to shut-ins.
- Sending Knox cards to those who are ill, bereaved or celebrating special occasions such as birthdays or anniversaries.
- Compiling the Prayer List for the weekly News and Notes.
- Supporting the Healing Touch and Prayer Shawl ministries.
- Supporting the monthly Tea-Time Talks for Seniors.
- Attending monthly Pastoral Care meetings from September to June (usually 1½ hours on the second Tuesday of the month).
There will be an orientation and workshop session, led by Rev. Richard Chung, for all new and current pastoral care volunteers, after our ACM in March. We welcome both women and men to volunteer for this wonderful ministry opportunity.